STATUS OF NEW DEVELOPMENT OR RE-DEVELOPMENT IN THE NORTHLAKE COMMUNITY, 2012
- Chipotle Restaurant in the Briarcliff Village Shopping Center, opened January, 2012
- Panda Express Restaurant, in the Michael’s Shopping Center, opened February, 2012
- Krystal Too Restaurant, in the Best Buy Shopping Center, opened March, 2012, closed in October, 2012.
- Target Store remodeled to include food store in the existing building, opened April, 2012
- Special Land Use Permit (SLUP) requested for a drive-through bank window for the proposed relocation of Resurgen’s Bank into the former Fuddrucker’s Restaurant on Lavista Rd, in the Tower Festival shopping center. SLUP was approved and renovation is currently underway (as of October 28, 2012).
-Application for SLUP filed with DeKalb County in May, 2012 for a second Drive-Through window and lane at the McDonald’s Restaurant on Lavista Rd. It was approved and renovation and lane construction are under way, in October, 2012.
- Application for SLUP filed with DeKalb County in October, 2012 for a Drive-Through Window and lane for a new Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen to be located in the front portion of Northlake Plaza Shopping Center.